Bahrain Commercial Level 1
To teach boat handling, pilotage, seamanship and navigation to the standards required to drive a powerboat safely by day in tidal coastal waters with which the student may be familiar.
Course Duration: 5 days
In order to undertake this course, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a valid CPR
- Hold a valid first aid certificate. The Bahrain Commercial level 1 is only valid while the first aid certificate is still valid. It is the student's responsibility to make sure the certificate is valid at all times.
- If necessary, complete an English proficiency test in both conversational English and marine terminology.
The following syllabus complies with the requirements for the RYA level 2 Powerboat handling certificate and includes:
- Boat handling
- Launching and recovery
- Securing to a buoy
- Leaving and coming alongside
- Man overboard procedures
- Planning a day cruise
- Sea survival
- Marine short range radio
- Shore based day skipper course
- First Aid Certification
- 5 days instruction by a fully qualified RYA Instructor
- Use of an approved lifejacket
- Use of modern approved RIB
- Inclusive of fuel
- PADI Emergency First Response Certificate
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Certificate issued on successful completion of course
How to book
Please visit or contact Scubalife to see if you are eligible for this course.